Monday, August 8, 2011

The Spark Behind the Blog

Hungry Hands

I am tired of half-assed compassion
Rallies with too many signs and too few bodies
Statements made out of disillusioned anger
And defeated agendas signed, sealed, and mailed
To Capitalism, whose only concern is profit

I am tired of critiques on theories never practiced
Leaders bickering amongst themselves
Without having any followers to support or intercede
Their scholarly pronouncements are shouted
Down
         Down
                   Down
Abandoned mine shafts
But they still believe their sterile words
Reach India, Congo, and Haiti

I am tired of dialoging
Being force- fed other people’s ideas
When I know they would never hear my own
I must settle for manipulating my essays
Into hundreds of paper airplanes
And hope one will land in hungry hands

No comments:

Post a Comment